Infertility and Subfertility (impaired fertility)
Clinically Proven Fertility Acupuncture
Clinical evidence states that acupuncture has a positive impact on the birth rate of subfertile women undergoing IVF/ICSI . Acupuncture should be started leading up to an IVF/ICSI cycle and then during ovarian stimulation. Treatment may also be provided around embryo transfer and shortly afterwards during the two-week wait prior to a pregnancy test.
Acupuncture for fertility
Natural conception can be helped with acupuncture/ lifestyle advice it can contribute to increase fertility in men and women by:
- Regulating and optimising oestrogen, progesterone, FSH and testosterone.
- Regulate ovulation, optimise menstrual cycle.
- Enhance egg quality.
- Improve sperm quantity, motility and quality.
- Enhance thickness of endometrium and optimise temperature.
- Increase endometrial receptivity to promote implantation.