Electrotherapy used in conjunction with acupuncture needles
The use of electricity to treat health problems is not new and has been used for centuries. There is evidence of the Egyptians using electric fish to treat various conditions in 2500BC. The use of electrical therapy took off in the 18th century when it was discovered how to generate and store electricity in a controlled manner. In Japan in 1764 Gennai Hiraga used electricity to stimulate acupuncture needle sto treat muscle spasm and paralysis.
Electrotherapy is proven to:
- Stimulate the production of endorphins reducing pain
- Can effect regeneration of nerves, soft tissue, skin and bone.
- Helps musculoskeletal problems.
- Relaxes tense muscles and stimulates tissue healing.
- increase local blood flow and can be used to help reduce local swelling and chronic inflammation.
- can promote bone fracture healing.
- can increase soft tissues (e.g. muscles, tendons, joints and ligaments) in the body and aid the healing process.
Indications for use:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Chronic connective tissue and joint dysfunction
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Tendonitis,bursitis, capsulitis
- Chronic sprains. Strains
- Muscle spasm
Looking for holistic acupuncture therapy in Barnsley or Wakefield? Call Acupuncture-4Health on
07505 706 673
Practitioner Jennifer Hands BSc(Hons) MBAcC .Lic Acu.
46 Bretton Close, Brierley, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S72 9LP